Zweinstein Zweinstein in real!
Schrijf je in op Zweinstein, Hogeschool voor hekserij en hokuspokus!

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of h

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Zweinstein in real! -> Tovenaar van de maand
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-07-2019 07:11:52    Onderwerp: HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of h Reageren met citaat

HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of his big game on Sunday that led the Baltimore Orioles over Houston. Greg Bird Yankees Jersey . Still, the slumping All-Star cant help but think it could be a turning point in a season thats off to a tough start. "I hope so. I really hope so," he said. "(Sunday) was a good day at the plate. Felt good, and my legs are finally getting under me. Feel like I can continue that." Machado hit his first career grand slam, David Lough homered and drove in three runs, and the Orioles beat the Astros 9-4. Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz, leading the majors with 20 home runs and 52 RBIs, left in the third inning with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch from Scott Feldman. X-rays were negative and Cruz was listed as day to day. "Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasnt able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) Ill be good." Machados towering shot capped a six-run sixth inning. The 21-year-old Machado missed the first month after off-season knee surgery and has struggled since his return, prompting manager Buck Showalter to move him from the second spot to seventh in the batting order. He was back to batting second on Sunday and also doubled, giving him two hits for the second straight game and raising his average to .230. Machado doesnt feel like hes back to last years form, but hes making progress. "I feel much (more) comfortable in there," he said. "It was overall a good day. The pitching staff threw well. Were finally getting some hits when we need to. Things are coming into place." Wei-Yin Chen (6-2) scattered four hits with one run over 5 1-3 innings. Feldman (3-3) allowed nine runs and 11 hits in 5 1-3 innings. Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the eighth for the Astros, who have lost two straight after winning a season-high seven in a row. Machado doubled before Feldman plunked Cruz. Machado and Cruz pulled off a double steal before a sacrifice fly by Adam Jones made it 3-0. Cruz was replaced in right field for the bottom of the third inning. He didnt think that Feldman, who was a teammate of his in Texas, tried to hit him and Feldman said it was in no way in intentional. "I didnt want to hit him," Feldman said. "I checked after the game to make sure he was all right and they said it was just a bruise so that was a little relieving. It happens, its part of the game trying to pitch inside." The Orioles open a series at Texas, where Cruz spent the last eight seasons, on Tuesday. Showalter expects Cruz to try to play when the series begins. "Hes going to be sore," Showalter said. "If I know Nelson, hes going to want to play on Tuesday. Its got nothing to do with who were playing. He just likes to be there." Astros rookie George Springer snapped an 0-for-9 slump with a double that sailed over the head of Lough in right field to start the fourth inning. Chris Carters two-out single cut Baltimores lead to 3-1. Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy and Jonathan Schoop hit consecutive singles to load the bases with no outs in the sixth. Lough hit an RBI single, and an intentional walk to Nick Markakis set up Machados third homer. "I got into a situation there in the sixth that really just got out of hand," Feldman said. "Bases loaded and I just couldnt make a good pitch to Machado and left one right over the middle." Both teams had nifty plays by an outfielder. Left fielder Delmon Young robbed Jonathan Villar of a hit when he made a sliding catch shortly after entering the game in the third. Houstons defensive highlight came when right fielder Springer sprinted to make the catch on a sacrifice fly by Nick Hundley in the sixth. Springer slipped and fell on his backside after making the catch and made the throw in while still on the ground. NOTES: Showalter said Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, felt good after throwing a bullpen session. He will travel to meet the team during its series at Texas and throw another bullpen session there on Tuesday before a decision is made on when hell begin a rehabilitation assignment. ... Houston recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned LHP Brett Oberholtzer to the minor league team. Don Larsen Yankees Jersey . Ireland was the last unbeaten side in the championship after France fell to Wales on Friday, and was favoured to end a three-match losing run to England with a side with more than twice as many caps, rampant momentum, and added incentive to celebrate Brian ODriscolls world record-tying 139th test cap. Alex Rodriguez Jersey . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Jorge-Posada-Kids-Jersey/ .The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence. LUTON, England -- Only six England players in Brazil will have previous World Cup experience after Roy Hodgson turned to younger players who have impressed him with their spirited Premier League performances. The oldest squad member is midfielder Frank Lampard, who turns 36 next month, while the youngest is 18-year-old defender Luke Shaw, who only made his international debut in March. Eleven members of the 23-man squad have made 10 appearances or fewer for England, which opens its campaign in Brazil against Italy on June 14. "Circumstances will prove whether the decision to take the younger player was right or not," Hodgson said at the squad announcement at a car factory in Luton, north of London. "You get experience by getting the opportunity. Its wrong to focus totally on the fact there are those who are inexperienced because everyone is inexperienced until they get the chance to do the job. I think theyve played so well and been so effective in their club teams that theyve really imposed their ability on my thinking." Shaw, who is being pursued by Manchester United in the summer transfer window, displaced 33-year-old Ashley Cole from the squad to be understudy at left back to Leighton Baines. But, with Cole announcing his international retirement after being dropped, the decision could backfire if Baines is injured in the first warm-up match. "If Baines suffered an injury ... it would make the selection of Shaw a very bad selection," Hodgson said. In a squad captained by 33-year-old Steven Gerrard, fellow midfielder Lampard made the cut whereas Michael Carrick, who went to the 2006 and 2010 World Cups, is only on the standby list following a lacklustre season with Manchester United. "Frank is a very important part of our setup and you shouldnt think about players in terms of age, but of position," Hodgson said. "When youre in midfield you have many more positions to choose from. "Frank has been captain on many occasions and has been vice captain to Steven Gerrard. He still plays an important role for his club (Chelsea) and we think his leadership qualities and his abilities will help us in the summer." In the search for dynamismm, Hodgson is taking 19-year-old Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling and Ross Barkley, a 20-year-old Everton midfielder, despite having only five appearances between them. New York Yankees Jerseys. "Hes a very, very exciting player, a very exciting talent and if he can continue at that level he has a very exciting future ahead of him," Hodgson said of Barkley. "But I would hope people will temper their expectations of him." Hodgson has selected four strikers: Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge of Liverpool and Rickie Lambert, who has climbed with Southampton from the third tier to the Premier League. "Ive been suffering with my sleep and getting up in the middle of the night because Im just lying there thinking about the possibility of going to the World Cup," said Lambert, who has scored two goals in his four England appearances. "Over the last week, Ive been sleeping less and less and last night it was virtually impossible because my head was everywhere." Lambert has pushed Jermain Defoe, who moved to Toronto FC earlier this year, and West Hams Andy Carroll to the standby list. "Im sure if Id picked a squad after the final qualifier in October it would have looked quite different, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then," Hodgson said. "You cant ignore what people are doing on a week-to-week basis and your decision is based on who is the best man for the job." ------ Squad: Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion) Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United) Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United) Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Zweinstein in real! -> Tovenaar van de maand Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: